Are you looking to cook some delicious beef ribs in your air fryer? Air fryers can be an incredible way to whip up a delectable meal without the hassle and mess of deep-frying, and it’s even easier when you don’t have to wonder how long each ingredient should be cooked. If you’re wondering how long to cook beef ribs in air fryer, then we’ve got just what you need to know. In this guide, we will cover all the tips and tricks for creating the most succulent beef rib dish imaginable with your trusty air fryer. Read on for more.
- 1 Beef Back Ribs Vs Beef Short Ribs
- 2 Why Use An Air Fryer To Cook Beef Ribs?
- 3 Ingredients For Air Fryer Beef Ribs
- 4 How Long To Cook Beef Ribs In Air Fryer?
- 5 How To Air Fry Beef Ribs?
- 6 What To Serve With Beef Ribs?
- 7 FAQs: Beef Ribs
Beef Back Ribs Vs Beef Short Ribs
Before knowing how long to cook beef ribs in air fryer, you should know beef back ribs and beef short ribs. The primary distinction between these two types of beef ribs lies in their shape. Short ribs are shorter and flatter, while back ribs are longer and curved. Additionally, there is a difference in the amount of meat on each type of rib.
Short ribs typically have less meat compared to back ribs, as they come from the chuck primal, which is a tougher section of the cow. Conversely, back ribs have more meat as they are sourced from the loin primal, which is a more tender section. Despite these differences, it’s important to note that both types of ribs are still considered relatively tough cuts of meat.
Why Use An Air Fryer To Cook Beef Ribs?
Using an air fryer to cook beef ribs has several advantages. You can achieve a deliciously crispy texture similar to deep-frying, but without the need for excessive oil. The hot air circulation ensures even cooking, resulting in juicy and flavorful ribs. Additionally, air fryers are incredibly convenient and easy to use, making them an excellent choice for cooking beef ribs.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Beef Ribs
- Rack of Beef Back Ribs
- BBQ Seasoning Rub (garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, black pepper, paprika, cumin, etc.)
- Favorite Barbecue Sauce (e.g., Williamson Bros)
How Long To Cook Beef Ribs In Air Fryer?
Now, let’s answering the question “how long to cook beef ribs in air fryer?”. The total cooking time for beef ribs in an air fryer is approximately 35 minutes, not including any additional marinating or seasoning time. This may vary depending on the size and thickness of your ribs, as well as the type of air fryer you have. For best results, always use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 190ºF.
How To Air Fry Beef Ribs?
- Start by peeling off the silver membrane from the back of the ribs. Use a boning knife to loosen the membrane and then peel it back. Gently pull on the membrane using a paper towel to remove it completely.
- Season the ribs on both sides with the dry rub. If time allows, let the ribs rest overnight with the seasoning.
- Depending on the type of air fryer you have, you may need to cut the rack of ribs in half to fit in the basket. If you have an oven-style air fryer, you can likely cook a whole rack at once.
- Place the ribs in the air fryer, making sure the meat side is facing up. It’s been found that cooking with the meat side up results in meatier and juicier ribs. Arrange the ribs in a single layer.
- Set the temperature on the air fryer to 320ºF and cook for 25 minutes.
- Open the air fryer, flip the ribs, and baste them with your favorite BBQ sauce. Continue cooking at 320ºF for another 10 minutes.
- Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat. The ribs are done when the temperature reaches 190ºF.
- Brush the ribs with additional BBQ sauce before serving.
What To Serve With Beef Ribs?
Beef ribs pair well with a variety of sides, including corn on the cob, roasted vegetables, mac and cheese, and coleslaw. You can also serve them with some delicious BBQ dipping sauce or simply enjoy them as is for an indulgent meal.
FAQs: Beef Ribs
What is the best time and temperature for beef ribs?
The optimal time and temperature for beef ribs are as follows: Once the grill has reached a steady temperature of 250°F, place the beef ribs on the grill. Insert the temperature probe into the thickest part of the meat, avoiding any bones. Smoke the beef ribs for about five to six hours, or until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
What is the average weight of beef ribs?
The average weight of beef ribs is 2.5-3.5 pounds. The beef is 100% grass-fed and grass-finished, and it is a frozen product. The ribs are vacuum-sealed in a pack.
Do beef or pork ribs cook faster?
In general, pork ribs tend to cook faster compared to beef ribs due to their smaller size. However, there are instances where butchers cut a rack of beef ribs in half along the full length, resulting in beef rib bones being similar in length to pork ribs. In such cases, the cooking time would be more comparable between beef and pork ribs. Additionally, it is worth noting that beef ribs, being larger in size, often require a longer cooking time than pork ribs.
Harmony Saunders is the CEO and founder of Bamboo Wok, a family-owned and operated Chinese restaurant that has been serving the Manvel, Rosharon, and Alvin communities for more than nine years. Our delicious dishes are made from scratch with the best ingredients, vegetables are fresh cut daily in our kitchen, and poultry is delivered every two days.
So whether you’re craving Chinese food for the family or need catering for your next event, please give us a try! We know you won’t be disappointed with our fresh, authentic Asian fare.